Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
1. We may collect the following types of personal information:
1.2 mailing or street address;
1.3 email address;
1.4 telephone number and other contact details;
1.5 age and date of birth;
1.6 credit card information;
1.7 your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
1.8 any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
1.9 information you provide as part of our event, volunteer or training ride registration processes;
1.10 cycling data and logs from training rides and events;
1.11 information you provide to us through participant or volunteer surveys; or
1.12 any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
2. We may collect these types of personal information directly from you when you:
2.1 register as a participant on our website;
2.2 donate to The Hospital Research Foundation Incorporated (ABN 86 248 830 078) (THRF) via our website;
2.3 communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
2.4 interact with our sites, services, content and advertising;
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
3. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
3.1 to enable you to access and use our website, training rides, events and other services;
3.2 to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, events and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
3.3 to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
3.4 to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our THRF and our sponsors that we think you may find interesting;
3.5 to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
3.6 to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
4. We, THRF and/or our carefully selected sponsors may send you direct marketing communications and information about our events. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the email address set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
5.2 our volunteers;
5.3 third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
5.4 professional advisers, dealers and agents;
5.5 payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
5.6 our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
5.7 our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct;
5.8 anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
5.9 specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
5.10 other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website
6. We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
7. We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
8. You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the email address set out below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
9. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
Effective: 5th July 2019